Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bad, Blogger, Bad!

So, it has been a while. Over six months and no blog post from me. I'm a bad blogger. No, I'm
not ill, or in a remote place where my Internet doesn't connect. And no, it isn't that I've been lazy per se, as plenty of things have been going on. I guess blogging dropped off of the totem pole of hobbies in favour of a sanity in which there is also time for sleep. Of course I could have blogged, but this is not something I ever want to become a chore, and so when the mood didn't strike, I didn't force it because nobody would want to read the stunted blog of a blogger with nothing to say.

My father's favourite expression growing up seemed to be "There's no such thing as can't." He used it when he had asked us to do something we thought was hard. We would whine, or well, I would whine, I don't recall my brothers ever whining, and he would say, "There's no such thing as can't, just don't want to." I'm pretty sure he was just trying to teach us not to be so darned lazy, but really it is something I always go back to and often it pushes me to do things I otherwise wouldn't do. Things that would be difficult for me, like sock or lace knitting, I learn to do for myself anyways because I always think, well, that I want to do it, so I should try. So when I realized I hadn't stopped by the blog in ages I began ruminating on all the reasons I couldn't. There wasn't enough time. I was away on holiday. I was busy. I had work. I wasn't feeling well. The weather was nice and I got outside more. I had writer's block. And then I had a really good think and realized that there is no reason why I couldn't, I just didn't want to. Don't get me wrong, I have missed sharing with you and hearing your comments and everything I love about the blog, but I was enjoying my time away too. In other words, I apologize for my absence, but I think there's no sense in me waxing poetic about why I couldn't blog when clearly you and I both know that I didn't lose my ability to type, think or feel, and so there's no better reason for it than, I was lazy and I just didn't feel like blogging.

The good news is: I feel like blogging today! I need to break this down into several posts since it has been so long, and the best way I think for me to do this is to send you a picture or two from my absence and a brief blog post every couple of days and just catch you all up.

So friends, until then, happy crafting and hopefully I'll see you really soon. :)

1 comment: