Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Positivi-Tuesday!!

Hello one and all and welcome to this weeks installment of Positivi-Tuesday, your weekly dose of positive news.

The first thing I want to mention is a story I heard last night on CBC news The story and video are on the web if you follow this link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/offbeat/story/2012/01/08/bungee-cord-snaps.html
I'll give you this in a nutshell, in case you don't want to click around all over the interweb. So, a 22-year old Australian tourist was on holiday and decided to go bungee jumping. Not my idea of a relaxing vacation, but loads of people do this. The bungee in question is situated over a river in Africa where crocodiles live. I'm not going to say it was infested, but there were more crocs than I'd want popping round for dinner. She makes her jump and right as she gets to the end of the rope, it simply snaps and she continues to plummet downwards. She hits the water manages to swim to shore where a rescue crew came to her aid. After all that she's alive and relatively well considering! I think this is just amazing. If I didn't already believe in fate and destiny this sure would make me think.

As for what I'm loving right now, that has to be my selfish instant gratification cowl. It is almost done, 7 rounds to go in fact. The yarn is super squooshy, the fabric has a nice hand to it, the pattern is mindless but not boring, and its a speedy knit!

And what I'm looking forward to is still my all day date on Sunday and also, my new job, which I am starting on Monday. It's in a different company, different position, different location, but I'm excited by the challenges that's going to create. Wish me luck on that.

On that note I must be off to bed. Until next time, happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment